Wednesday, May 03, 2006

writings trashing other genres

I've been reading and hearing a lot about writers trashing other genres that are not their own. I don't exclusively read one genre. I read sci-fi, mystery, romance, historical biographies, fiction, autobiographies. The same goes with music. I don't listen to one type of music or one decade of music. I like a lot of different things. If we were all the same, it would be a damn boring world.

Writers shouldn't trash a genre just because it isn't what they like. Plus it makes the person doing the trashing look really stupid. And it gets a lot people angry. If you don't like it, don't read it. I've read good and bad books in the genres mentioned above. The artistic communities should support each other, not make fun or tear each other work's apart.

This is the United States of America. I do believe in freedom of expression. But remember your what your mama told you. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

My point is, "Can't we all just just along?" Stop the mean comments about different genres.

To quote John Lennon "Give peace a chance."

Lorelei.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home